Our children’s dance project Adrenalindance holds a term time program of dance classes. Everyone can dance and it makes you feel good .Our emphasis is on having a go and enjoying dancing.
Ages 4-6 yrs
A playful first dance class for young children. This fun class explores musicality and coordination introducing children to dancing in a class . We advise all newcomers to dance in this age range to start here.
Ages 5yrs +
Breaking is a hip hop dance originating in the mid 70’s in the Bronx. Breaking teaches coordination, flexibility and rhythm dancers customize his/ her dance with their imagination.Our beginners class is an introduction to the basics and teaches safe practice of this dynamic dance form.
Tuesday 4:15 – 5pm
Breaking /bboying 2
Experienced 7 yrs +
Joining this more experienced class is by permission from our teacher. Dancers must have a fundamental understanding of safe practice and have some experience in breaking, which the beginners class will give.
Tuesday 5:10 – 6:10 pm
This is an invite only weekly session for gifted and talented breakers up to 16 yrs . Dancers prepare for battles, showcases and youth platforms . The crew is led by AJ -47
Ages 7 years +
Introduces young dancers to structured dance technique. Students explore their own choreographic language as well as learning safe and effective dance technique.
- We welcome newcomers in the first two weeks of term, where it is possible to do a trial class for £4:00. After a trial class, fees are payable termly.
- Summer term is 6 weeks.
- We offer a 15% sibling or multi-class discount.
- We do not encourage watching classes as this can inhibit some children and undermine the teachers trust and authority. We are lucky to have an adjoining waiting space or you may collect after the class.
- We hold two showings a year, one at winter and summer, where our dancers perform.
- Ages on classes are suggestions and we are on hand to discuss your child’s suitability.
- Always bring a small bottle of water to class.
- Classes are at The Old School Rooms, 2 Powerscroft rd London e5 . Our nearest station is Hackney central on the overground.
- Entrance to classes is via the side of the building . When facing the main door , go to the right hand side of the building and enter through the second blue door .
Our fantastic teachers are practicing dance artists ,who are passionate about teaching children and have considerable experience in doing so.
Creative and Contemporary dance.
Chi-Lin Nim is a versatile dance artist teaching Contemporary, Krump and Street dance styles .Chi Lin trained with East London Dance Youth Company and now teaches dance all over London.Her favourite time dancing is when she is choreographing routines with her friends. She shares her time acting and project managing The Silent Witness – a project redefining domestic abuse (www.thesilentwitnessuk.com
AJ is an original & senior member of the UK’s most successful Bboy crew Soul Mavericks. Competing nationally & internationally since 2005, AJ has a collection of titles both solo and crew victories. A student of the dance style breakdance for over 13 years AJ loves to bring his years of experience to the young and curious in a fun & engaging way with transferable life skills
.If you’d like to learn even more, AJ has his own newly opened YouTube Channel where you can learn new skills faster! ‘AJ-47 Soul Mavericks’